I have been doing quite a bit of negotiating lately. Negotiating for more time. Negotiating for certain conditions that I believe are important. Basically- getting the terms that I have to have and the terms that I can live without. And all of that has got me thinking- what are the terms that I want in my life? What are the absolutes and what are the things that I can live without?
I wish it was easier to define. I had hoped that I would be able to whip up some list in record time. I now realize as I try to type it up that it is a little bit harder. I can, however, bring out some generalities that I care about.
- I do know that I do not really care about material things-I just need enough to get by.
- I do know that I do care to build better relationships with the people in my life.
- I do know that I want to create a better relationship with God.
- I do know that I want to spend more time being happy and less time being lonely.
- I do know that I want to simplify things in my life.
So, for now, this is where I am going to leave my terms. I am going to come back to them. I am going to re-visit them and I am going to hope and pray that everything I am doing will help me to fulfill them.